my love ... Josh Smith

my love ... Josh Smith

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Unit #7: Track 4 and "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself”

This weeks mediation exercise was a lovely one, instead of one person that I look up to for wisdom and as a rolemodel, I had about three very special people come through my mediation. My favorite part during the whole session was invisioning that white light was moving between me and my three heros. It made me feel warm, strong and part of them. I have thoroughly enjoyed all mediation practices, and will continue to use them to foster a clearer mind and a open heart.

"One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself” , this applies to a health and wellness professional by stating that one can not teach if one has not done so his/herself. It is hypicritcal to tell someone to jump a fence, so speak, if you are not prepared or haven't experience it yourself. As a spiritual guid, there is an obligation to your clients to be developing your health psychologically, physically, and spiritually, because you must continiously grow yourself to be yourself 100% of the time. By taking care of yourself, practicing your faith, people will be see how the wonders of intergal health, well-being and faith make life so powerful and will want to aim for the same lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess,

    I liked this weeks meditation as well. This made me feel warm and connected. As for the second part of the blog it is very hard to teach someone something that you know nothing about. When it comes to health and wellness I believe its important to have experianced as much as you can so you can help show the your student or client the true path.

    ReplyDelete